top of page

Nike Carli,LCSW-R

Licensed Clinical Social Worker

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, (LCSW-R)?"
    In New York State, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, (LCSW) is a person who has a Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited university and has passed the state's licensure exam. The "R" designation is only awarded after a licensed Clinical Social Worker has had a minimum of 6 years of postgraduate professional supervision, and has met strict credentialing guidelines. The "R" designation allows for third party insurance reimbursement. Prior to September 1, 2004 the license, Certified Social Worker (CSW) was issued by New York State, the Licensed Clinical Social Worker, (LCSW) license replaces it. For more information on license requirements please go to the New York State Education Department's Office of the Professions Social Work Homepage.
  • What can I expect when I walk into the office?
    I share a common waiting area, and office manager with four other therapists. My office is private, quiet and relaxed. For your first appointment please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out necessary paperwork, including a patient information form, this way no time will be taken away from your 50 minute session. Prior to your first visit it is important for you to think about your expectations for counseling. Based on your desires, answers on the patient information form, and an initial evaluation, we will then proceed together to help further define and ultimately meet your goals.
  • Is counseling confidential?
    Yes, confidentiality and trust are the building blocks of a therapeutic relationship. Information will only be shared with others if you give your therapist written authorization to do so. There are however limited situations that all therapists are mandated to report. These are child abuse or neglect, imminent harm to oneself or others, and information in response to a court order. For more information please go to my confidentiality page.
  • How do I make an appointment?
    You can call the office at 633-6900 and speak with the office manager who is available Monday through Friday from 9 A.M. to 3 P.M., or fill out the appointment request form. Appointments can generally be arranged within 3 to 5 days. Emergency appointments can be made within 24 hours. After normal office hours the phone is answered by an answering service, they will contact me in an emergency or relay your message to the office during the next business day.
  • Where is your office?
    The office is located at 5500 Main Street, Suite 207, in Williamsville. Please see the directions page for further information. There is handicap parking and the building is fully accessible. The office is also located on a major bus route.
  • What are your fees?
    The amount that you will have to pay depends on your insurance coverage. If your insurance has a co-pay, then payment will be expected at the time of your appointment. If you do not have insurance then we can discuss my fee structure. Please see the Insurance & Fees Page for more information.
  • Do you accept credit cards?
    Yes, for your convenience I accept Visa, Master Card and the Discover Card. This includes all HSA and FSA cards. You can pay your bill online using a credit card.
  • What insurance plans do you accept?
    I accept most plans including Independent Health (IHA), Univera, Nova, Medicare, Blue Cross and Blue Shield Traditional, United Behavioral Health, APS Healthcare, Magellan and Community Blue. If I do not accept your insurance it is often possible to arrange with your insurance provider for you to be seen. Please see the Insurance & Fees Page for a complete list and further information.
  • What are your appointment hours?
    Appointments are available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from Noon until 8:00 P.M., and Friday's 9 A.M. until 5:00 P.M. There are also a limited number of Saturday appointments available. Appointments outside of these times can be arranged in special or emergency situations.
  • Do you conduct presentations and workshops?
    Yes, I am available to schools, hospitals, corporations and private organizations. If interested please contact me regarding your specific needs.
  • Are you available for critical incident stress debriefing?
    Yes, I am available for CISD. I have facilitated debriefings for schools, governmental agencies, hospitals, and corporations. Please contact me by phone at 716-633-6900 if you are in need of this service.
bottom of page